Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What would she eat?

Little is a picky eater.
She has been very selective with what she eats ever since she started eating solids. She tends to scrutinize everything I put in front of her. I recently read that this can be a genetic preference, so if mommy and daddy were picky eaters, baby would most likely be picky too. Mommy and daddy are still picky eaters, so that may explain part of it. But it is also a developmental stage for most toddlers, so it is not the end of the world. 
Stressed about the limited menu and nutrients she would eat I found something that almost always seemed to work. These food pouches are always a hit and they are a mix of organic fruit and vegetables, all natural, with no additives. I researched the different brands and decided to purchase the HAPPYBABY line. 


The food pouches are convenient and affordable, but I truly had no control over the flavors and mix of vegetables and fruits. 


And then I found the perfect solutions: home made smoothies. With a regular blender, it was easy to make fruit smoothies, but whenever I added vegetables the smoothies were anything, but smooth. 


I decided to invest in a Blendtec and now with the help of my awesome blender I get to make Little healthy green smoothies and she loves them.  




These green smoothie has green grapes, red grapes, banana, spinach, kale, flax seeds and berries. 
From the first taste Little loved them and now she has 2-3 glasses a day. 

She is still picky about eating vegetables when I placed them in front of her at dinner time, but she drinks them with gusto. 



No comments:

Post a Comment