Saturday, November 12, 2011

Piggy Bank Exercise

Little has an official piggy bank that she was given as a gift when she was born. She loves hugging it and kissing it, but it is ceramic and I strongly discourage it. 

Little concentrated while Daddy held the piggy bank
This week I decided to purchase and inexpensive plastic one, along with some play money. I figured it would be a good exercise in finger grasping and hand-eye coordination for her to insert the different size coins into the small slot and while she was at it, she could practice her counting. 
It was a total success and entertained her for about 15 minutes (in Mommy's world this is fantastic).



The coins were different sizes, which challenged her even more

Daddy would turn the piggy bank and she had to focus to understand in which direction the slot was  
Counting her coins

1 comment:

  1. Let her pick up real money and teach her to put it in the piggy bank, I used to do this and today they still take all the change and put it in their piggy bank. At this time we also work with the bank and they go with me to deposit their money in their accounts and I even took them to a complete lesson about the difference between the saving accoutn and the cd's. Just a small story....Barbara was like around two or three and Daddy left me $100.00 on top of the counter... I was busy with Little D. I called Donald and asked him where the money was and he told me "on top of the counter" I looked and looked and could not find it. I decided to ask Barbara...well she decided to put the money in her piggy bank...

    ReplyDelete